Thursday, June 11, 2009

Well here I am

I've tried various blogging utilities over the years but now that I've officially uninstalled Trillian with the promise to myself never to reinstall, I need some sort of outlet.

This will mostly be a braindump for everything that makes up my life - that's why I called it, "IMHO".

So! I'd better get right into it.

I got my makeup brushes today - I ordered (apparently from Hong Kong which explains why it took so long to get here) them a couple weeks ago to help my new interest in learning makeup artistry. They were pretty cheap (like $7-$9, I don't remember exactly) so I'm surprised at the product I got. They're really, really soft, they look sturdy, and I like the sort of carmelized crimson color of the handle. I don't know much about makeup brushes, so I have no idea if what I got is actually good or not, but we'll see. I also have no idea how to use them...but that's what the internet is for!


Speaking of makeup, I've been doing it on myself for years (only recently have I gotten any good though), but I never really had the chance to play with it on another human. Until yesterday! I met this girl, Adrienne, through Craigslist I think, she's a local teen who wants to model, weeks ago, and we finally got around to meeting yesterday. A local hairstylist was supposed to show up as well but she bailed. We were gonna set up for an underwater shoot I want to do soon (can't for the next few weeks due to my new tat, which needs to heal and STOP ITCHING), and I wanted to finalize the hair and makeup for it.


It. Was. A. Rush. Omg. I love doing makeup on other people. It came out pretty cool, but I still need practice.

I don't think I can use actual eyeshadow on her though; in the pool it would just melt. So I'm gonna go out today (after I'm done with this post actually) and go pick up some Ben Nye Magicolor bodypaint that I saw at a local party store. I also need to get veggies for the hubby, but that's beside the point.

Here is a picture of the makeup brushes;




















This is the makeup design (still a little amateurish, but the lighting killed a lot of the detail and I didn't want to use the flash...I'm photographer first :P), on Adrienne;






















Just another shot of the beautiful Adrienne :D;




















Aaaaaand a kitty to round off the pics. Kito was being so cute, and as soon as he saw my camera come out, he decided that it was time for a bath. How typical.;
















1 comment: