Monday, June 15, 2009

The poor woman's corset and other tales

So I am in the process of making what I've dubbed the "poor woman's corset". I found some cheap material at a local Joann's Craft Store that is closing and decided, hey, why not, let's learn how to make a corset. NOT AS EASY AS IT SOUNDS. Lol. Since I'm still not all that great at sewing I decided instead of wasting material, I'd just cut up some old jeans, spray it with hairspray and elmer's glue, shove some wire in it and see if I can't make it work. I do eventually want to learn how to make a corset the right way, but I'm also ridiculously lazy.

Well, laziness isn't entirely the reason. Even after looking at patterns and online tutorials for hours, the physics of it still confuses me. So I figured I'd make a throwaway one so I could get a feel for how it all works, then make a real one. It's drying right now (and the house stinks like hairspray, blech), but I suspect I need a higher grade of steel, something thicker that won't bend as easily, since the wire I used buckled when I tried it on and made nasty wrinkles. Not good.

In other news, it's coming down to the wire (er, no pun intended)...less than two weeks left and the hubby and I still don't have an apartment. I'm starting to panic a little. I really don't want to have to stay here much longer. He and I and the cats are crammed into one and a half rooms (the half-room being used as storage for things that would normally go in the kitchen, living room, etc) and it's getting pretty tiresome. Oh there's lots of apartments available, don't get me wrong. But very, very few of them want to allow a tenant with three animals. For some reason the general limit in this area is two. Go figure. As much as I'd love to get rid of Little Stink, I doubt anyone would want her, and she'd probably have to be put down. And I'm not going to kill that cat just to get an apartment, no sirree.

Other than that, not much going on. A little starved for human contact; I've had the voracious urge to do a photoshoot recently, but with the tat still healing I need to wait at least another week before I can get in the pool with it.

Oh crap, that reminds me, I'd better email Adrienne and Danielle and set a date for the betta fish shoot!

No pics today, sowwy. I'm lazy. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment