Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Just an update from me

Well it seems I've infected my husband with the love of photography, so that's what I've been doing lately, lots of shoots. Specifically underwater, since the pools will close soon and I wanted to make sure I got my underwater stuff done. I did a half-assed mermaid which we took some video of and posted on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZlGjinTWR4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIVsnfecUy4

Which I'm pretty happy with. I know 100-something views is pretty small change for Youtube, but it's only been a day since I uploaded it, so we'll see. I'm hoping to use it as a sort of marketing thing.

I've also been really wanting to do some animations lately, and I have a couple in mind, so I'm going to try to push forward on that. Maybe I can actually get myself to finish one for once. :P

My last post was really positive, I'm afraid I'm going to have to burst that bubble a bit. While my hubby just started his new job and loves it, I haven't heard yet from Picture People. I called them, but the manager that was there (who I think isn't the permanent manager, they've gone through like three in the last few weeks while they're training the person who will be there permanently) just was like "okay, we'll get around to it". So, if they haven't called by tomorrow I'm going to call again. I'm giving them some leeway since they are going through basically a company-wide rewrite of their image and policies, but come on. Not only that but several of the jobs I've been doing lately, people haven't bothered to pay me, like a month later. I hate playing bill collector.

So aside from those stresses, I've been doing great lately. I'm one of those people that loves being busy as long as it's something I enjoy doing...so the more photography I can do, the better.

Oh, and the hubby's hand healed up perfectly, he doesn't have any pain or loss of feeling or motion. Thank God. Again.

My 22nd birthday is in a little over a month! I'm actually dreading it. I don't have any friends and any reason to celebrate except for that I'm one year closer to death, which isn't really something to celebrate in my opinion. I know, morbid. Can't help it. The hubby's birthday is right after mine (we're 9 years and 9 days apart in age, how weird is that?), and then in October we have our 3 year anniversay, and November is our one-year wedding anniversary. Lots of shit coming up. I hope we have money so we can buy each other stuff. I want a Canon 50D so badly I can taste it. :P

Also, I got this "game" for the DS, MyLanguageCoach for Japanese and I've been heavily into it lately. I've already learned all the hiragana, I'm learning some katakana, and I've gotten through like 60 words and some sentence structure. It's complicated at first but when you get the hang of it, it's really fun. I have a hard time memorizing things so the hiragana has been hard, but I think I'm doing well considering I've had it for like a week and a half. I'm still interested in working on it, which for me is a huge coup. I want the MyLanguageCoach Mandarin Chinese, and once we have the money I'll get it. :D (That's right, we don't even have $30 to spare these days)

I think that's it...I guess this is a weekly blog, haha. Wish me luck, guys. I feel like I'm finally starting to be where I want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment